HUD Sales Contract Helpful Tips
The HUD sales contract is different from common Realtor purchase and sales agreement documents. The below covers common errors and omissions in submitting HUD sales contract packages that should help in completing the package.
HUD 9548 Sales Contract
- Buyer must initial Paragraph 12 in blue ink.
- Line 1, 2, and 13 must match (unless the buyer is obtaining FHA financing.)
- Line 2 must have the buyer’s name and style of title (i.e. married, single, joint tenants)
- You may NOT write any down payment amount, mortgage amount, or number of months on Line 4. You may only write “$100” on the down payment line if the buyer is obtaining FHA financing and they lender participates in the $100 down payment program.
- Line 11: Other addendum “IS” attached hereto and made part of this contract. The “IS” box is always checked.
- Printed name and phone number of selling agent must be written under the broker’s signature and phone number.
- Terms and conditions must match the figures outline on the actual sales contract, including the type of financing, and a statement that their credit has been pulled and reviewed. Letter must be on the lender’s letterhead, signed, and have the full contact information for the lender.
- Lenders cannot provide a buyer with an FHA prequalification letter for more than the current as-is value outlined on HUD’s website. The maximum FHA mortgage amount is the as-is value regardless of what the buyer bid. Any FHA buyer that bids over the as-is value must produce proof of cash for the difference between the as-is value and the buyer’s bid price in addition to their FHA prequalification letter.
Lead Based Paint Addendum
- There are 2 lines on the 3rd page that the buyer must initial. A copy of the “Protect Your Family from Lead in Your Home” handbook can be found (in several languages) at http://www.epa.gov/lead/pubs/leadprot.htm
This page is only a general overview of HUD’s policies and procedures and it should not be considered to be all inclusive or absolute.
A COMPLIMENTARY review of all HUD contract packages is offered 7 days a week.
Simply email your fully executed contract package to email@example.com